您现在还未登录!

登录/注册后可体验更多内容。如未找到验证邮件,请查看垃圾箱或"点击右上角头像"-->"编辑资料"重新发送。

QQ手机/电脑邮箱无法在移动端注册/验证,使用网页版即可。请使用非国产浏览器(建议Chrome/Firefox)登录。

搬运 自VAN博客 Where’s The Hate?

• WHERE’S THE HATE?
    AUGUST 13, 2019 VANSIRLEAVE A COMMENT
    When I put my house in San Francisco on the market in 2016, my neighbors saw the “for sale” sign. They told me that they were sad to see me go and asked for my destination. I said the Carolinas and immediately I was met with hostile shouting, “They are going to kill you out there. They don’t take too kindly to people like you.” And so on.

Like me? I guess that’s me for being Asian or gay or both. Well, it’s 2019 and I’m on my third year here. I have met the nicest people in the world. And yes, they knew that I’m Asian or gay or both. They called me sir and went out of their way to help me. Though, in the beginning, they were extremely curious to know why I left San Francisco and moved to a tiny town in the country. “Why? Why would you want to leave a big city like that and move here? I always wanted to visit there. Maybe someday. There’s nothing around here. Can’t imagine anyone would deliberately want to live here,” a confused Lowes cashier rambling. I told them that I worked my butt off in San Francisco just to pay the bills and property taxes, like a rat on spinning wheel. Sure, I lived in the city but I was too damn tired from work to go out anywhere. I spent my weekends sleeping on my couch for years.

Instead of streets filled with homeless encampment, I get to see miles and miles of green trees. People are very laid back here and they would stop and talk to ya, instead of being in a big rush like city folks. There are hardly any cars on the road. There’s plenty of parking near the front doors of all the stores. I live on the border of North and South Carolina – an hour from Charlotte and an hour from Greenville – just an hour to the airport. It would take me the same amount of time to get to the airport in San Francisco but without the traffic and the stress. Oh, and people take pride in their properties around here. No matter how rich or poor, they all kept their lawn mowed and houses in tip-top shape. Of course, there are a couple of houses with old rusty car parts covered their front yard, but there are also mansions with gated driveways. Overall, it’s pretty much middle-class families here.
    I haven’t run into a white supremacist yet. No one looked at me with hatred or disdain. Believe me, I was on the lookout for it because I was told by everyone I knew (including strangers) in San Francisco. CNN told me there are white supremacists everywhere outside of CA and NY, and this country is filled with racists and homophobes. I was a little nervous the first year here. Now, I realized I’ve been lied to.

Our small town has only one State Farm insurance office and it runs by a super friendly black male agent and an extremely talkative southern belle secretary. A few years ago, I walked into the feed store for the first time because I had to buy hay for my 3 goats in the winter. Four large white farmers were chatting in the back of the store. I was a little nervous because they looked like the kind of people city folks warned me about. Then came in a black man and I was extremely curious to see their reaction to us. The black gentleman walked straight up to them and there were loud flurries of greetings and handshakes. A super cute stud in his 20’s came up to me, “Sir, is there anything I can help you with?” I could think of a few things but nervously ask for hay instead. Like everyone here, he was very nice and courteous. He insisted on putting the hay in the back of my truck by himself, “Sir, that’s my job. Now you have a great
    day.”
    There are plenty of gay people here out in the open and no one cares. Pet store owners, bed and breakfast owners, town councilmen, doctors, waiters, etc. Too many if you asked me. Just kidding. Here in the country, the majority of 30’s & 40’s gays left for the big city and the remainders are the 20’s & older gays. The 20’s gays can’t afford to leave the area and the older gays have moved back to retired or stuck in a hetero marriage with grown kids. I would have large dinner parties where I carry on conversations with the older gays about life and travels while the 20’s gays dance around and dare each other to strip off their clothes.

Anyway, without getting political or too preachy, I hope everyone has a chance to get out of one’s bubble and talk to people face to face. Get your info from the source. Do not allow others (including the media) to do the thinking for you. Telling you who you are, who hates you and who to hate. Maybe y’all know the saying, “When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back at your butthole.”

xo Van

• 翻译 来自百度兄贵吧
    2019年8月13日,当我在旧金山把我的房子放在市场上时,我的邻居看到了“待售”的标志。他们告诉我,看到我去,他们很难过,并要求我的目的地。我说卡罗莱纳一见到我就充满敌意地喊叫,“他们会在外面杀了你。他们对像你这样的人不太友好。”等等。像我一样?我想那是因为我是亚洲人或者同性恋或者两者兼而有之。好吧,现在是2019年,我在这里已经是第三年了。我见过世界上最善良的人。是的,他们知道我是亚洲人或者同性恋,或者两者兼而有之。他们打电话给我先生,不辞辛劳地帮助我。然而,一开始,他们非常好奇,知道我为什么离开旧金山搬到了这个国家的一个小镇。为什么?你为什么要离开这样的大城市搬到这里?我一直想去那里。也许有一天。这附近什么都没有。想象不到有人会故意想住在这里,一个困惑的劳氏收银员漫无目的地说。我告诉他们,我在旧金山工作是为了支付账单和财产税,就像在纺车上的老鼠一样。
    当然,我住在城里,但工作太累了,什么地方都不能出去。我在沙发上睡了好几年的周末。我工作太累了,什么地方都不能出去。我在沙发上睡了好几年的周末。我看到的不是满街都是无家可归者的营地,而是绵延数英里的绿树。这里的人很悠闲,他们会停下来和你说话,而不是像城里人一样匆忙。路上几乎没有汽车。所有商店的前门附近都有很多停车场。我住在北卡罗来纳州和南卡罗莱纳州的交界处,从夏洛特到格林维尔只需一个小时,到机场只需一个小时。我要花同样的时间到达旧金山的机场,但没有交通和压力。哦,人们对这里的房产很自豪。无论贫富,他们都把草坪修剪得干干净净,把房子保持在顶端。当然,他们的前院里有几栋房子,有些旧的生锈的汽车零件,但也有带大门的车道的豪宅。总的来说,这里有相当多的中产阶级家庭。
    我还没有遇到白人至上主义者。没有人以憎恨或鄙视的眼光看着我。相信我,我一直在关注它,因为在旧金山我认识的每个人(包括陌生人)都告诉我了。CNN告诉我,加州和纽约以外到处都有白人至上主义者,这个国家充斥着种族主义者和同性恋者。第一年来我有点紧张。现在,我意识到我被欺骗了。我们小镇只有一个州农场保险办公室,由一位超级友好的黑人男性经纪人和一位非常健谈的南方美女秘书管理。几年前,我第一次走进饲料店,因为冬天我不得不为我的3只山羊买干草。四个白人大农场主在商店后面聊天。我有点紧张,因为他们看起来像是城里人警告我的那种人。然后是一个黑人,我非常好奇看到他们对我们的反应。黑人绅士径直走到他们跟前,接二连三地打招呼和握手。一个20多岁的超级可爱的小伙子向我走来,“先生,我能帮你什么忙吗?”我可以想一些事情,但紧张地要干草。像这里的每个人一样,他很好,很有礼貌。他坚持自己把干草放在我的卡车后面,“先生,这是我的工作。现在你有了一个很棒的一天。”
    外面有很多同性恋者,没人在乎。宠物店的老板,床和早餐的老板,镇上的议员,医生,侍者,等等,如果你问我的话太多了。开玩笑吧。在这个国家,30岁和40岁的同性恋者中的大多数都是20岁和20岁以上的同性恋。20年代的同性恋者负担不起离开这个地区的费用,而年龄较大的同性恋者又搬回了退休的地方,或者和成年的孩子结了异性婚姻。我会举办大型宴会,在宴会上,我和年长的男朋友们谈论生活和旅行,而20岁的男朋友们则在聚会上跳舞,彼此胆敢脱下衣服。

不管怎样,我希望每个人都有机会走出自己的泡沫,面对面地与人们交谈,而不是太政治化或太说教化。从源头上获取你的信息。不要让别人(包括媒体)替你思考。告诉你你是谁,谁恨你,谁恨你。也许你们都知道这句话,“当你用一根手指时,有三根手指指向你的屁股。”

• QQ图片20190827063145.png QQ图片20190827063312.png QQ图片20190827063326.png QQ图片20190827063336.png QQ图片20190827063348.png

友♂情链接